A Conversational Drama Series
For some time now, I've been working on a new storytelling experience. As I worked on it, I realized I couldn't find an existing term that truly described what I’ve been designing and building. So, I simply began calling it what it had become to me. A Conversational Drama Series.
Set against the familiar backdrop of a rideshare, Backseater is a conversation-driven interactive entertainment platform where audiences step into the lives of a recurring cast of fictional characters living throughout Philadelphia.
The drivers are the recurring cast of fictional characters you'll come to know throughout the series. Each member of the cast drives for BACKSEATER but has a life beyond the ride. They have careers, families, friendships, dreams, disappointments, and personal stories that continue to unfold over time.
When you choose a driver, you're choosing whose life you'll step into. But Backseater isn't just about discovering the characters. It's about allowing them to discover you, too. Through ongoing conversations, characters come to know you just as you come to know them.
Between conversations, character stories continue in Rearview, Backseater's cinematic story section. Rearview reveals cinematic story moments from the drivers' lives that riders never experience firsthand.
Together, conversations and cinematic story moments create a serialized experience where audiences become part of a living cast whose stories continue to evolve.
I'll soon be introducing the world of Backseater, its cast of characters, and the stories that connect them. I'll also be inviting a small group of early riders to be among the first to step into the series before its official launch.
Coming this fall.
Ride through Philly, one Backseater story at a time.

No comments:
Post a Comment