Urban Lullaby is one of several original apps I’ve been developing, with a few coming this winter and more to follow in 2027. Urban Lullaby: a rest app. Working to bring it to you soon! "No Rest for Ms. Weary" Original Song, lyrics and graphic concepts by Sheena Garcia This song and graphic Inspired by an original painting I created and showed at Gallery 54 in NYC some years ago, Funny how things come full circle. LOL
Back in 2022, I started a small series of illustrated poems called A Homie’s Lullaby. The idea came from something I had been thinking about for a long time... Black people and the significance of rest, and how rest can mean much more than simply going to sleep. Rest doesn’t mean being unproductive. Sometimes, rest is part of how we keep creating, caring, working, and living.I returned to those poems this year and began imagining the concept in a full app format. That idea has grown into Urban Lullaby, a rest app bringing together original music, art, poetry, stories, and the familiar sounds of the city.It’s rooted in Black life and culture, while welcoming anyone who needs a little room to rest.Urban Lullaby is one of several original apps I’ve been developing, with a few coming this winter and more to follow in 2027.Urban Lullaby: a rest app.Working to bring it to you soon!
Sheena
No comments:
Post a Comment